OMNI Senior Living
Location: Seven Hills, OH
OMNI Senior Living, located at in Seven Hills, Ohio, has many distinctive features that set a new standard for senior living communities. One of these unique amenities is a natatorium that residents can enjoy year-round. To be at its most comfortable for residents while also operating cost and energy efficiently, OMNI needed Jacco’s expertise.
The natatorium utilizes a pool-style AAON unit to maintain temperature and provide dehumidification for the pool space. Jacco was able to implement a sequence that promotes energy savings by using outside air to dehumidify the space, as opposed to running the compressors in winter. The solution also provides a more affordable upfront cost because it no longer needs to be upsized to maintain 50% HR in the winter months when there is a call for mechanical dehumidification. With the sequence Jacco provided, they were able to modulate the OA damper to maintain the space’s new dew point below design and gas heat to maintain space occupant comfort. Unit and supply and exhaust fans run continuously, no matter the time of year.
- Summer space RH will be based on 60%
- Outside air damper opens to minimum position
- When return humidistat calls for dehumidification, compressor(s) maintain dew point
- Return temperature sensor modulates hot gas reheat to maintain space temperature
- Winter space RH will be based on 50%
- Summer/winter switchover is based on outside air temperature and humidity
- When return humidistat calls for dehumidification, outside air opens
to allow more air across sensible heat wheel to maintain a mixed air dew point. Return air dampers modulate with OA dampers to maintain a balanced airflow across the heat wheel.
- When OA temperature and humidity allow, the heat wheel will turn off and allow 100% outside air
- Exhaust fan shall continue to run to maintain space pressure
- Demand control ventilation when CO2 exceeds specified levels